Membership in the Ohio Library Council is open to any Ohio library Friends group.
All members of that group are eligible for member benefits, including registration
for OLC conferences at member rates. Regular publications of the Council are sent
to the contact name designated by the group.
Annual membership is $25.00 for the calendar year. Membership is open to any Friends
group supporting an Ohio public, academic, business, or special library or branch.
For membership purposes, branch libraries are considered individual organizations and,
therefore, their Friends groups must remit separate dues.
Benefits of OLC Friends Membership:
- Each Friends group is entitled to one vote in the annual OLC elections
- Information on fundraising, membership recruitment, and organization.
Counsel is also available
to people forming Friends groups.
- Workshops and seminars on topics of interest to Friends on library issues.
Members of OFL groups may register at reduced rates.
- Access to Members-only sections of the OLC Web site including news, legislative information, and unit resources
- Announcements and other mailings deemed of importance to Friends.
- OFL membership helps to support your local library by contributing to the efforts of
the OLC in working for library legislation and funding and promoting Ohio's libraries.